Actuator with Redundancy: Deep Sea Area (Subsea)
- Use of the drive-in shut-off valves of pipelines in deep sea regions: -Ensuring all functions at a sea depth of up to 3000 metres
- In emergencies, the valves must be shut off quickly, reliably and securely
- Maintenance work with diving robots can involve seven-figure sums per application -> Goal: Minimisation of work that requires these kind of operations
The Solution by FGB
- Torque motor of the type RMI 200
- But: redundant coil design, i.e. dual coil ring -> Ensures all functions even when one coil suddenly becomes defective.
- Design with the required high cogging as a holding torque in case of a power failure
- Cooled by the environment (water)
Any questions about this or another application? We will be happy to explain things in detail and clarify any open issues! Just give us a call or send an e-mail!