FGB has developed special cardan foot joints for servo-hydraulic synchronised cylinders, which supply the cylinders with hydraulic oil without hoses. This means that the cylinders are not affected by the interfering hose pulsations nor the hose drag. On the other hand, the cylinders are hindered from swinging around their piston rod axis. This also allows the inertia influence of the cylinder mass to be kept low, because the individual centres of gravity of the legs can be installed close to the pivot point of the foot joint thanks to the compact cylinder joint design. In total, this significantly improves the performance of the corresponding test bench set-ups.
- Hydraulic oil supply of the cylinders without hoses
- Not affected by the interfering hose pulsations
- Not affected by the hose dag
- Minimalization of the inertia influence of the cylinder mass
- Compact cylinder joint design
- Significantly improve performance of the test bench set-ups